Smiley :)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hot Crabmeat Dip


About a few months ago, a friend of mine sent me a box full of fresh crabs from Roxas City as a gift. Since the family loved eating it steamed or boiled, I had enough cooked to last the entire 2 days so I had a chockful of crabmeat left over inviting me to be creative. I thought about experimenting with dips because we already got tired of the sour cream and chives and garlic mayonnaise that we serve during parties or just plain eating the stuff at home.

I thought about firing it up a little bit and adding a little zing since the previous dips we served were the smooth and creamy kind. So here is my version of Hot Crabmeat Dip.

2 8 oz (224 grams) packages of cream cheese

1/4 - 1/2 kilo crab flakes
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
4 to 5 drops of hot sauce (tabasco is still the best)
l teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon wasabi powder or paste
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or roasted cashews
1 teaspoon paprika


Stir the cream cheese until slightly softened
Blend in remaining ingredients except walnuts and paprika
Spread mixture in a 9 inch pie plate.
Top with walnuts and paprika.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 25 minutes until lightly browned.

Great with plain soda crackers or Fita.


No comments:

Post a Comment